Saturday, February 6, 2021

FNWF - February

A new month - time to gather with cyber friends - and sew!!!

Tonight was a bit of this & that....

One of the things I hope to finish this year is this sashiko project.....I have about 6" of the 40" left to sew...such an easy relaxing thing to do . . .

And another "plan" for the year is to progress my version of "My Small World"...I made a start quite a while back . . .  here where I started it...grand plans back then!!! LOL  and some more here (that was February 2020...{interesting coincidence}).
So this year I added it to my Sunday Stitchers UFO list - not to finish it but to "make progress on". The bit you see is near the top of Section 2....small steps - I have made Section 1 up to the top of the buildings, but you can't build a world overnight!

Saturday is the first meeting for the year for my Loose Threads Group - we had to cancel January due to some bug that is floating around the world...so I may make more progress on that sashiko project.

Thanks Cheryll who continues to give us the opportunity to congregate in cyberspace - and "encourages" us to blog at the same time.

I also worked on another project - but I'm sticking to the "no social media until reveal day" - May is the next time.  so you will have to stay curious.

Cheers - Happy Sewing - Stay Safe

13 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi,
This should keep you occupied for the night. Love
those pretty triangles. Have a great day!

Cheryll said...

It was lovely sewing with you last night... & you worked on a couple of lovely projects too. Stay safe while at your next meeting too...xox

Karen's Korner said...

A very pretty sashiko design.

Maria said...

Lovely Sashiko project..
No you definitely can't build the world in a day. Mine took ages..

Lin said...

Your Sashiko project is looking great, it will be lovely to have it finished. xx

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Love your sashiko.. it is nice and relaxing to stitch. looking forward to seeing it done this year :) xx

Flickenstichlerin said...

Nice FNwF projects, love your sashiko.

Radka said...

Have fun with your projects!

Fiona said...

Your Sashiko project looks wonderful... almost a sampler type... love it.... you have a great goal doing My Small World... love that one too.... I await May eagerly!!
Hugz

Janice said...

Enjoy plodding along on your long term projects. As long as we keep making progress, all is good. I'm intrigued about your secret sewing.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful projects ahead of you Susan.

Helen said...

Very pretty sashiko design, lots of beautiful projects coming up.

Jenny said...

All that should keep you busy for a while. I agree sashiko is so relaxing.