Friday, February 21, 2020

FNSI - February

Hi Fellow FNSI-ers

Thanks to Wendy we can all gather for a happy night of sewing - or thinking about sewing . . .
What did I work on???


I had hoped to finish one of the parts for My Small World....I made some progress....not as much as I would have liked though.


I find the pattern quite confusing....the cutting measurements are laid out continuously, rather than a line for each, there are metric equivalents and the drawings are finished sizes....so when you work on it in dribs and drabs, it’s like re training your brain all over each time....but I really live the project and will persevere....and recut some of the bits.

My motto:
You can learn something from every quilt you make.  This time I’m learning not to push on when you are too tired to think.
On top of a long busy week, we had an evacuation because the fire alarm went off....11 flights of stairs is hard work!  It was the tradies working up stairs.....grrrr

Tomorrow I’m off to the inaugural Embroiders Convention, so it will be a bit of walking....might be a bit slow.

Hope you all got stuff done...and had a fun night!!!


9 comments:

Maria said...

Oh yes MSW sure does take a lot of figuring out and definitely not something to work on when you re tired from busy week.
Hope you have good sleep before your convention tomorrow.

Fiona said...

oh my gosh..... 11 flights of stairs would not be fun..... each little bit of MSW is growing, the best part is when it all comes together..... enjoy the Embroidery day..... I wish I had been more organised…. next time...
Hugz

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Every little bit counts. I hope you enjoy the embroidery convention today. Hopefully it's a great success and they host more of these around the country too next year.

Karen's Korner said...

Every stitch is a stitch closer to a finish. Enjoy the Convention today. I have a friend who is also attending.

Kaisievic said...

Slow and Steady will win the race - good luck with the quilt. And think of how great your glutes must be now with all the going up and down 11 flights of stairs - lol!

Lin said...

That does sound like a confusing pattern Susan! Enjoy your day out. xx

Vicki said...

Taking it slowly will probably ensure success, although it does sound very confusing.

Raewyn said...

It does sound confusing but I'm sure you'll get into the rhythm of it - and try something else when you are tired! Hope you enjoyed the Embroidery Convention :-)

Bethan said...

Oh crikey - 11 flights of stairs! I definitely think you are right to not push on when tired - that's normally when chaos begins. I hope you enjoyed the convention x