Saturday, August 17, 2019

Retreat 2019 Days 3, 4 and 5

How things have changed - I used to do a post every night....this time it's just 2 in all....and this one is late!!!      😞

This is photo heavy - but I like to do this as  record of what we got through.

Maureen's Basket runner - she almost became a basket case over this one...

Alison made up some face washers that had been hiding in the cupboard for a while

 Nolene did the applique and put together this Sunbonnet Sue quilt
 - just needs a bottom border

Jan made up this lovely evening bag 

Alison finished off some more UFOs - hand towels 

 I made a pair of shorts and a bandanna bib for Luka

 Jan's gorgeous Disappearing 9 patch 
with some lovely Aussie prints...
such an effective arrangement of blocks

 My two zippy pouches - 
these have been on the UFO list for quite some time 
and have been to a couple of retreats

 A Jelly Roll race quilt from Alison

Alison had a dress to alter 


One of Jan's quilts in Aussie fabrics and blues - 
not her preferred choice of fabrics but it looks great


and the other one - similar but different


I worked on some blue blocks for my Fusion Sampler 2019
(11 blocks finished)



Each year we have a small mystery project - 
this year it was a very small scrap/thread holder

9 of them were finished in time for the photo



Over the previous years we have made these:

What will next year's be?????????

 The Tally Board at the end - more DONE than NOT DONE

This sign has been up for a number of years - 
it always gives me a chuckle 
so I thought it deserved to be made public


 That's for another year.
I think we were all happy with what we got done 
and hopefully have gone home and kept the mojo going!!!

Thanks to everyone who came.
We all seem to get along happily 
despite the mix of talents and backgrounds. 


11 comments:

Maria said...

You all accomplish sew much on your retreats..
Lots of lovely finishes..
Well done ladies

Pink Rose said...

Hi Susan wow lots of beautiful finishes,I love Maureen's runner,funny I just came across that pattern the other day in my folder.
I love how you are making each years small projects in the same fabric,they look like a lovely set you are making up.
Omg how cute is Luke's pants and bandana,isn't it fun being a grandma,I sewed so many clothes for my first grandchild,lol,she is 18 now and I help her with her dancing costumes.
It's so good seeing all the pics , and great to see the tally board,well done ladies xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Susan sorry auto correct has changed Luka's name to Luke I only just spotted it xx

Janice said...

Like always, I love seeing what you all get up to. So, which coloured post-it note is yours? Would it happen to be purple? How many didn't get done? LOL. The sign on the loo is too funny. Thanks for giving us a chuckle.

Helen said...

Lots of great projects....very productive.

kiwikid said...

So many great projects, I hope the mojo continued on when you got home. Great sign on the loo.

Fiona said...

WEll done all of you for all those great projects sewn. Lovely to go to a retreat and just get stuff done.
Hugz

retdairyqueen said...

Some lovely things made at your Retreat
It is hard to find the time to post every day

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

oooh retreat time for you too! I am behind on my retreat posts... somehow spent too much time sewing, and not enough blogging! Love all your pictures, thanks for sharing! xx

Cheryll said...

Wow you were a productive lot of gals... well done... xox

Bethan said...

Wow! So many amazing projects! I love the layout of the disappearing nine patch x