Friday, March 22, 2019

Friday Night Sewing

YAY - the AFL season has started!!!!

I'm excited - not because I love AFL - or am keen to watch it - BUT it does mean DH doesn't want to go out to eat - wants a quick easy meal...and ...a long story ...although we have two TVs - the "other" one is in a room with no lounge chairs - and really - he does look pretty silly sitting in an empty room on a straight backed chair....so I have relinquished watching TV for the comfort of my Sewing Space.
One good thing about football season is that it means the weather should be cooling down - but alas Mother Nature has forgotten to look at the calendar and is about to spring a 34C day on us.

I put my time to good use - added the borders to a baby quilt for a friend's daughter, ready to pin on Sunday,



and made the first block for my "Road Trip" quilt:

I think I need a better photo - maybe in the daytime!
I am dragging the chain a bit on this project - what with the finger op and making baby quilts and "other important stuff"  whatever that was, it has been hard to focus on this one...but hopefully if I can find some time to trace a few blocks (a job I HATE) I can get into gear.

PS:  Thankfully  - the right team won!

and a bonus:  DH is off the the Brisbane Lions game at the Gabba tomorrow night - so more sewing time....yay again!!!





6 comments:

Maria said...

My hubby is in the lounge each night and I have a TV in my Cave where I escape to....
Sweet baby quilt. You've made a good start on your Postcards and maybe tomorrow night you'll get some traced.....

Cheryll said...

That's the perfect answer on a footy Friday night.
& That's why we have sewing rooms... xox

Cheryll said...

Ohhh and a great start to your postcard quilt too... xox

Helen said...

If the men are happy then we will be too. Great quilt and good to see your postcards block....well done.

Fiona said...

haha... I love how you view the footy season.... you did well, the quilt looks lovely and so does your block.... I don't like tracing that much either....
Hugz

Janice said...

It's a bit the same here now the NRL season has started. Good luck with progressing your projects. I'm sure you will make some progress at Baradine.