Thursday, July 30, 2026

Chookshed Challenge #5 - July - Libbie's Embroidery Blocks - More Progress

Ssshhh . . ..Don't tell the Quilt Police.

My #5 was to finish a quilt - i.e. quilt & bind it . . .mmmm....I decided it was too big for me to do so i am going to get it quilted....so, it will have to be a Challenge Project later in the year.

I decided to swap it with "more progress on Libbie's Embroidery Blocks", which was also last month's project - here.
The draft layout needed to change . .sigh....but as the block borders had been cut, I decided to make my goal for July to attach them.   DONE.  👍


And to re-draft the layout.  
DONE.  👍
|
The kit had 10 small heart blocks - but the words on them didn't really align with the bible verse.  So Libbie wanted only 9 - as well as the larger heart block...she had done a plan . . .but trying to make it look "OK" in my head wasn't really working.  The kit also had 2 smaller rectangular pieces which Libbie had stitched....so I cut bits of graph paper and played (whilst grumbling)  . . .

I came up with this  - this has been approved and I am not letting her change her mind. . .LOL


That will have to be enough for "Libbie's Embroidery Blocks - Progress" for now.

Thanks, Deana - any motivation is good for me at the moment.

What will August be???   There aren't too many left.


And again, I apologise if I don't reply to your comments...
I really have not had the time to investigate and correct it.

5 comments:

loulee said...

All progress is good progress.

Fiona said...

It's coming together.....
Hugz

Lin said...

Good to have made progress. xx

Maria said...

Good progress on your project.

Janice said...

Often making the design decisions is the hardest part of a project. That’s good progress in my books.