Sunday, February 18, 2024

Sunday Stitchers - February - UFO Challenge #6

My Sunday Stitchers UFO Project #6 is my "Inchie Project"

Back in February 2021, I joined with a few girls (aka "enablers") in a free project by Crabapple Hill - "Beautiful World Stitch-A-Long".  We nicknamed it "The Inchie Project".

I did get most of the stitcheries done...(maybe not each day!) and I put them onto 2 blocks like this:

   

They were finished by March 2021.

I must have had a vague plan when I was stitching them, as I chose thread colours to go with some other blocks I had.

2024 was the year to get them sorted!!!

In addition to the two "Inchie Project" blocks, I had some blocks made in a class prior to 2007 at Patchwork Plus - a Patchwork Shop in Wynnum  (Shop has since closed).

  
  I recall that I painted that braid...

and also some blocks made in a class prior to 2015 at Sewco - a Patchwork Shop in Mount Gravatt.  (also closed).

  

The heart block was originally an exercise making small pintucks 
and folding them over alternately, 
but it was a bit boring so I overlaid it with a doily, lace, and buttons.

Plus two embroidered blocks - I think at least one of them was from Giggle Buttons, and I have no idea how old they are...very!
    

I added some borders to the stitchery blocks to make them 12" finished, and added sashing & outside borders - all from my stash. (The outside border was kind of a surprise as these are not my normal colours!)

I did buy backing and binding.

Here is the completed top.


It is going on a little trip to visit the quilting fairy...stay tuned for the finish!!!

Notes:
Threads:  CGT 314, 506
House of Embroidery #54 Forest

9 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Wow Susan such beautiful work ,well done lovely 🤍🌷🤍

ButterZ said...

That quilt has turned out so pretty. How good do you feel using up those odd blocks and having a finished project.

loulee said...

What a delightful wee quilt top. Great that you used up some pretty stitched pieces too.

dq said...

Oh wow, Susan! This is so delicately beautiful from colors to stitches. Isn't it wonderful that you could put a few orphan blocks together and come up with something so stunning!

Karen's Korner said...

All that gorgeous work needs to be moved forward.

Janice said...

It must feel so good to finally have all those disparate blocks together in a top. It’s amazing how well they all went together. I can’t wait to see how the fairy works her quilting magic on it.

Lin said...

A lovely way to showcase your embroideries and the border is perfect - so pretty. xx

Fiona said...

Lovely to get those pretty pieces out and put them together.... I hope that Fairy shows them off nicely!
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Beautiful way to have your embroideries together.