Friday, March 3, 2023

FNWF - March

Today I had a FDWF and a FNWF.  Yes, a Day of sewing, crafting, eating, laughing and celebrating De's Birthday followed by Night time sewing with cyber friends.

During the day, I added cording to these drawstring bags which I had made earlier.
.
Helen has them now - ready for filling & dispensing.   a Quick charity project - 18 in all.

Then I did some sashiko on my tree panel 
and after a while - put it aside and did some crochet.


Tonight, the usual Better Homes & Gardens TV show and some more on the tree panel.

A few of us had been wondering what the RSC colour was for March - so I brazenly emailed Angela and received the reply in time for some cutting tonight.


My friend Inca is bringing her I Spy fabrics to our sewing meeting on Saturday (Yes, another one) and hopefully she has some greens I can add to fill in the gaps.


Yes, the colour is Green (For St Patricks's Day???)

During the show/crochet time, there were a lot of messages back and forth about a project that one of the group had decided on and we were all gradually being drawn in (or is that sucked in???)... Wait & see.  . . .I will just review my long list of UFOs & Planned Projects and hopefully talk myself out of it.
In case you are curious the discussions centered around this pattern:
https://penandpaperpatterns.com/en-au/products/pdf-sparrows-quilt-pattern

Thanks Cheryll for hosting - and happy sewing to all who were able to join in.


11 comments:

Jeanna said...

You had a day and night of fun! Sashiko is so pretty. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do with March's RSC.

Fiona said...

Great to get together and work on different projects, always more fun when chat is involved.... the greens look good - I need to go and see what I have and maybe do some cutting this weekend.... Now I do wonder what you lot are up to.... definitely you are being sucked in I think!!! haha

Hugz

kiwikid said...

Wonderful stitching Susan - I sit on my hands when there is a request for something at group, but things still come home with me, not that I don't want to help, I have so many other things here waiting for attention. Your green blocks look great.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Susan wow you were productive,love the bags ,your tree block is coming along nicely and love your crocheting,well done my friend on your beautiful work 🌹🤍🌹

Michell said...

Busy day. Love the Sashiko

Susie H said...

You managed to get quite a bit done. I'd love to know what the big temptation was that you were all talking about ...

Karen's Korner said...

A fun day and night....lucky you. Lots achieved.

Maria said...

Working on lots of projects.
We were right , Green for RSC.
Have fun with the birds...

Susan said...

Wow you busy bee! Love your projects!

Janice said...

A lovely day of crafting. Your sashiko is interesting. I look forward to seeing more. Have fun with your greens.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Your bags are darling. I love your Sashiko quilting on the tree leaves. May I ask what RSC is? I love all the green blocks! Pretty crochet. I need to crochet more washcloths. I like to keep some on hand for gifting and, of course, using.