Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge

I have watched as many of my blogging buddies joined in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge - organised by  Soscrappy (go here for the info).  So I've been tempted to join in. . . . .I have a pattern that I thought would work well, but after starting a block decided it was too time consuming - I already have a full "dance card" so to speak and although the idea of using some of my stash is appealling - the original plan would have used some of my whites but not a lot of the rest . . and a LOT of time time.

Then I had another light bulb moment - this will be a quicker plan and althpugh I'm sure it won't really make a dent in the stash - it might make a bit of room in each drawer or box...we shall see . . .LOL...but it will keep me amused and I will feel as if I'm joining in . . . .

Here are my blocks:

The picture is a bit dark -
the LED light on the ceiling has gone -
and I am waiting for my Mr Sparky (SIL) to come & fix it . . 

January's colour was red, February's was teal/aqua.

So, I will continue to add borders in the colour for the month, using varying widths and at times - different fabrics in each round - just trying to use up smaller pieces and perhaps some of the least liked fabrics.   I am doing 9 blocks - if they end up at say 18" or bigger (they won't end up bigger than my largest square ruler!!!) - - it will make a good-sized lap quilt I think.

And now its a long wait til the March colour is revealed!







18 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Thanks for stopping by my place, Food for Thought. I
really like your blocks. The are beautiful! And a
great way to use up scraps. Have a great day!

Jeanna said...

You have a nice plan for RSC. It will be fun to watch these blocks grow. And I love aqua and red together so you are off to a great start!

loulee said...

That's a good idea. It will be fun to see these grown and become a a rainbow quilt.

Karen's Korner said...

Yeah...you did need to join the rest of us weaklings in another project. You are off to a great start and love your idea. I will be watching with interest as it grows each month.

Jeanette said...

Good idea. The blocks look lovely & i look forward to seeing them grow.. Hugs, xx

Fiona said...

What a great idea - this will be fun to watch...
HUgz

Cheryll said...

That's a great idea... I look forward to seeing your blocks each month.
I love RSC as it makes me sew at least one block a month & at the end I have a charity quilt while using scraps... win win... xox

kiwikid said...

Very good idea to use up scraps and for it not to be a too time consuming project.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Welcome to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge! I'm looking forward to seeing how your blocks grow. Have fun!

dq said...

I am really liking your idea to add a border in the color each month. It is genius and simple.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Nice plan for your rsc blocks. I tried racing once but ended up with ufo in rainbow brights and it wasn't me. I will be looking at yours for sure

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Now that is a great idea! I am going to join in this year (she says as it is almost half way through Feb!!!) Can't wait to see how the blocks grow!xx

Lin said...

Good idea Susan, looking forward to seeing how this progresses. It is all too easy to let the RSC take over, keep it simple is always good. xx

Sandi said...

MMMM, I think I may have to join the Rainbow Scrap Challenge - good way to use up my scraps - I might even resurrect the old blog...tempting, very tempting.... :)

Janice said...

Fancy you caving and playing along. LOL. I’m looking forward to set this grow.

Jenny said...

Look forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Chookyblue...... said...

I've seen it..... Thought about joining this year but maybe another time..... Goodluck with your blocks..... Looking forward to seeing what you end up with......

Helen said...

I look forward to seeing your progress..... good idea for charity quilts as well.....