Saturday, January 16, 2021

FNSI - January

Wendy is continuing on with FNSI - which is wonderful as it is encouragement to sew and also to blog.

But this year she has got with the modern world and we have a facebook group as well as our blogs.
I will continue using my blog, although I did add pics to the facebook group last night - it was fun doing it that way - we got posts & updates from the late afternoon to late night.

My work on Friday night:

First up I finished cutting all the bits for a baby quilt which will need to be finished by mid to end April - I will keep this for a sewing day when I am away from home as it is very simple piecing.


Then I decided to work on a couple more pineapple coasters.
By the end of last night, I had finished one ..along with a bit of crochet I was doing while the machine was stitching . . ..and posted to facebook.


but it wasn't that late (for me), so I started another one...and got to halfway through trimming it before I went to bed.

Since there wasn't much left to do - I finished off #2 this morning.

They need to have the stabilser removed....and then I can pass them along.....

Thanks Wendy - the Facebook group was fun!

And I totally understand that if you are reading this & you saw it on facebook - you do not comment.
(My blog is really for my own records of what I do & when, though I love reading your comments.)











16 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Wow! I love the pineapple coasters - so much fun!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love the Pineapple coasters and your fabrics are so happy....perfect for a little one. It was very nice having the added interaction on FB as well. I do love our blogs thou gh xx

Michell said...

Love the pineapple coasters. I'm not in the FB group yet but will get there at some stage

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your pineapple coasters are just gorgeous. So perfect for this time of year. It was fun seeing what everyone was up to last night :)

Karen's Korner said...

Pretty fabrics in the baby quilt.

Maria said...

As I said I love those fabrics you are using the baby quilt.. Look forward to seeing it put together.....

Lin said...

The pineapple coasters are great! xx

Vicki said...

The fabrics for the baby quilt are gorgeous. The pineapple coasters are great too.

Raewyn said...

I love the fabrics you are using for the baby quilt - very pretty. And the pineapple coasters are so fun!! I'm not a big Facebook user so I had a bit of a browse the other night, and am happy to go through the blogs now!

Fiona said...

very pretty baby fabrics.... I like prepping and having things ready for a machine sewing day/retreat .... the pineapples make great coasters..... I will still favour blogs but the facebook FNSI does mean others can contribute...
HUgz

kiwikid said...

You have a very productive evening Susan, the pineapple blocks are wonderful.

Susie H said...

Since I didn't go on FB, I'll go ahead let you know how sweet those pineapples are! Love the choice of fabrics! Good job at getting a head start on the baby quilt. It's nice to have a jump start on a sewing day project.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Nice coasters, they are just too cute.

Bethan said...

Ooo I'll have to check out the facebook group. Lovely baby quilt colours, and I love your pineapple!

Sharon Kwilter said...

Lots of folks are getting started on new projects this year. I look forward to watching your progress.

Chookyblue...... said...

Love the fabrics for the baby quilt..... Cute pineapples......
You know my thoughts on the darkside it's killed blogging.......