Friday, April 17, 2020

FNSI - April

Hello out there in Cyber World.

I hope you are coping and not yet pulling your hair out!!!


Tonight I joined Wendy and other crafty sewing people from all over the place to de-stress from the work week (even though it was a short one).
Go here if you want to visit the others.


First I did a bit of stitching on this:


Yes, you guess it another project.  Most of you will have seen the FaceBook project - initiated by Natalie Bird called Love & Hugs from Australia.
Only 16 blocks and that could make a nice sized quilt.   I think this will be a bit of my history as a sewer and of someone who went through - and survived...I hope - the 2020 Pandemic.  Maybe for my children to tell their children.

I've also started the flower block (you can see a tiny bot of it to the right) but this one took my fancy tonight.

Secondly:

I have a "thing" to finish off for the SS UFO Challenge - by Sunday (10 am if I am desperate) - so after BH&G on TV, I escaped to my Sewing Space and worked on it... just a small peek for now.
I only have the top and bottom border to put on now and my mission will be accomplished.

I do hope next months project is a smaller one - it was a real challenge to get this one done ...thankfully I had Easter.  (perhaps I can bribe the number generator person to give us the "right" number for next month...???)   #10 would be a great one, thanks De.



Well I guess it's another quiet weekend ahead - Sunday we are having our SS Meeting using Zoom...isn't it amazing how we are all starting to embrace even more technology.
 It will be nice to see everyone and chat - I think we are going to be given a roster - 15 or so of us all talking at the one time will not work!


Take Care everyone
Stay In & Stay Safe


12 comments:

Fiona said...

Lots going on.... keeping busy....
Hugz

Cheryll said...

Very intriguing pic of the secret project...looking forward to it's reveal. EnJoY the get together with your friends via Zoom. xox

kiwikid said...

Lovely stitching, I am enjoying watching people's blocks for that project, so far I am resisting!! Looking forward to seeing your secret project. Enjoy your zoom time.

retdairyqueen said...

I too am enjoying the Love and Hug stitcheries

Michelle Ridgway said...

The designs are lovely and as you say a remembrance in a way.....something positive to look back on xx

Maria said...

I've downloaded some of the designs but not stitched any yet not sure if I will ??
I'm sure you'll get your SS challenge done..
Joining in on ZOOM is fun.

Maria said...

P,S, I see you have that Peter Parker on your comments too, I may need to do comment moderation.

Karen's Korner said...

Looking forward to seeing the UFO challenge finished. Enjoy your Zoom session. They are fun. We are going out to "lunch" next week with our usual lunch friends. I also had to visit and deleted the comment.

Lin said...

There are some lovely stitcheries in that Australia design - going to be a beautiful record of a horrible time. xx

Janice said...

I’ve downloaded the patterns but haven’t started any, as I seem to have filled my card, so to speak, with other projects for the month. There are some lovely designs. I’m looking forward to seeing yours come together.

Raewyn said...

It was a lovely variety of blocks wasn't it? I have yet to start them but I think something noting this point in time will be good to make and have. Hope you had fun at your Zoom meeting - and you got the desired #10 to work on!

Susie H said...

Your stitchery is sweet. So nice to have a few things to work on when we tire of the current project. Keep up the good work!