Friday, February 1, 2019

Stringalong 2019 (January)

Hello to the Stringalong quilters that are participating along with Lori.

It is time for me to post my Month 1 blocks - pop over here for the link up to see a wide variety of stringalong blocks.

These are the blocks I have done so far - the plan is to make a reversible table cloth.  I will need 88 blocks in all.   I will be sashing them top and bottom with black.  I have sewn these onto a fabric foundation - no batting in between.   (and no paper to remove!!!! YAY!!!).  Next time I will show the backs as well.

I expect I will lay them out in this pattern - though for now this is just random placement.





10 comments:

Fiona said...

They look great .. I really like the look you are getting..
Hugz

Maria said...

Fabulous string blocks...

Quilting Babcia said...

Looking great!

Helen said...

Great work....string blocks are always interesting I think.

Cheryll said...

Lookin' gOOd so far Susan... xox

Michelle Ridgway said...

They look great....always loved this scrappy design x

Lori said...

Fun happy string blocks!!

Paulette said...

Looking good, and what a great idea to make it reversible!

Sue said...

Such fun, and exciting to see how they turn out!

Bethan said...

These look amazing! I love how bright the table cloth is too x