Monday, May 9, 2016

Feeling so sad

Many of you in blog land will have seen profile pictures of portrait quilts made by a wonderfully creative lady - Carol Turznick - in the States. I have one - and I think I may have been the first in Australia...I love my portrait and will treasure it for ever now.  
I read today that she passed away over the weekend.  She had been unwell - but undiagnosed - since November last year - but had kept her blog going showing envelops that she decorated for her nieces when she sent books, her knitting projects and a list of the books she had read.  We had often had little chats going back and forth over cyber space and I truly admired all her work... colourful, zany & very artistic.

The patchwork/craft world has lost a wonderful person.


If you'd like a look at her blog, its here


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no Susan these is so sad ,she was a very talented lady,may she RIP xx

Maria said...

Sew sad to read of Carol passing. Such a talented zany lady.
I love my portrait too..

Helen said...

Sad news such a loss of a very talented lady.

Fiona said...

very sorry to hear about Carol... I have read her blog over the last few years.... a treasure gone for sure...
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Very sad 💖💖

Michelle Ridgway said...

That is so very sad Susan. Sounds like she shared her creative joy far and wide....a wonderful legacy. Sending hugs xx

Teresa said...

That's so sad Susan.

Sunday stitchers said...

Sorry to hear that Susan, so sad.

Susan said...

So sad.

Anthea said...

What a treasured creation you have, from a very talented lady, Susan... sad to read of her passing