Monday, September 30, 2019

Birthday Postcard

It was time for another Birthday Postcard.  In SIMS - this year - we are making each other a postcard - using the initials of the person's name.

This time it's for Maureen - her initials are M C L

so have a guess:



I'let you have a moment to think . . . .
>
>
>
>

>
>

 Got it????

Mountains   Clouds     Lake

I had thought of this combination on the way home from the meeting when we decided to do it . . .I had a thought of how I'd applique some mountains and lake and embroider clouds . . . and being an expert procrastinator - hadn't even started it at the beginning of September when I was going on a retreat . . and visiting patchwork shops . . . where I found a perfect fabric - but - alas - none left in stock...
So some very clever detective work by Cheryl (Thanks Heaps Cheryl) - she found some at Peppermint Stitches and luckily I could sneak over there one work day at lunchtime.

I had to do some "cut and paste" to move the lake - and copied the fabric twice so I could practice - and the extra page became the wrapping paper...my creativity astounds me at times!!!! LOL

Here are all 3 postcards



#2 is Marigolds, Cat & Lavender
#3 is the same theme but quite different 

and the back of mine for reference!


The next one is due in October - only 2 initials   S & W   (almost the same as mine . . . )

What will it be???   What would you do???

(I have a plan...just need time . . . .lol)


7 comments:

kiwikid said...

Great postcards! You for the initials perfectly.
Swimming, winter? 😁 snacks and wine? I am sure you will come up with something great.

Fiona said...

I love those postcards … what great little works of art.... I missed the clouds in yours and needed help...
Hugz

Pink Rose said...

Hi Susan beautiful work my friend,you are so clever,well done xx

Lin said...

Great cards and what a brilliant idea. xx

Maria said...

Lovely idea for birthdays. I got it and the post card looks great.

Maria said...

Sea and Waves ??

Michelle Ridgway said...

How clever!Sewing Wizard?