Saturday, November 19, 2016

FNSI - November

Is this our second last get together for 2016???

I should have been working on all those "secret projects"...but - it didn't happen - I tried a couple of mini stockings instead.


A friend - Maria - works with a Group - Knitting 4 Brisbane's Needy - each year the group make and fill mini stocking to give out to the needy of Brisbane.  I usually support the cause by donating some lollies.  One of the Sunday Stitchers Group (Lynda) made some knitted stockings at the last meeting - so I bought some wool - the same one!!! (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...) and found the pattern she had pinned.

I tried one to the pattern - it was tiny - not unexpected as Lynda had already mentioned that she had changed the pattern a bit - so I upped the ante.  The second one is considerably bigger...maybe too big...so I might try for a slightly smaller size.   


When I get it right I will make some ready for next year.  This year the group has been asked to supply 6000 filled stockings!!!

I hope everyone else had a productive night - probably a lot of secret sewing happening at the moment.

Thanks to Wendy for hosting and keeping us all going.

See you next month??? - Hopefully all your projects will be finished by then!

8 comments:

September Violets said...

Wow! that's a lot of stockings to fill ... even tiny ones! Have a great weekend.
Wendy

Fiona said...

how cute are those little stockings....
Hugz

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan the xmas stockings are so cute,yes its secret sewing time of the year,hope your day is a good one my friend xx

Maria said...

This year has gone sew fast, good luck with knitting wee stockings for next year. Maybe donating lollies again is a good idea...

Susan said...

so cute, check out for the premature baby socks, there is one that has all the different sizes and will take the guessing out. hehehe just love to sit and knit a while and those are so quick to make. I have a bag that has wool and needles and then when I have a need for knitting something, I just take and knit and then when I have enough sets I take them to the local hospital. I believe in the saying Charity begins at home. It seems that when one gives to the huge charities it never comes this far down to our small towns.Have a wonderful day and hope you get lots of those done 6000 is a lot of socks.

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

Clever girl for working where I got the pattern. I ended up with 66 made - a small drop in the ocean but a quick knitting project.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Very cute stockings and such a lovely idea too x

Sharm said...

Sure hope there is a big group to help make and fill so many stockings! I'm nowhere near even beginning to think of Christmas this year with all that's been happening! Sure hope to get that changed for next year, I miss working on all my projects.