Saturday, July 2, 2016

FNWF July

Friday night saw me finishing off my plate bag.

At Sunday Stitchers we all take food for lunch - meats and salad bits, so we need to take a plate and cutlery.
Last Christmas Sandi gave us each a cutlery holder and placemat.... and I made a simple bag (using a tea towel for easy laundering) as a present for Inca on her Birthday.  The idea took off and a lot of the SS girls made one when on retreat this week, so I thought I better get my act into gear and make one for me.


I also did some stitching on this lot...

These blocks to be made into a quilt for one of my daughter's bridesmaids.  There were 4 bridesmaids in all...all are married now and I have already gifted this quilt to my daughter and chief bridesmaid, so I am now making 3 more . . . mmm...I know what you are thinking.
(By the way, if anyone has any of this fabric in this colour that is spare...I would love to hear from you...in case I run out...It's a Harvest Home fabric.)
Thanks again to Cheryll for hosting and coordinating all of us happy sewers.
You can go here to check out the links.

10 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Love the plate bag idea.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan great idea with the plate bag and its a lovely idea for the bridesmaids,sorry i dont have any of that fabric ....

Deb R said...

yes a great idea!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great idea Susan. No I am sorry I don't have any of that fabric x

barb's creations said...

What a brilliant idea! Sorry I don't have any of this fabric either :) Barb.

Bev C said...

Hello Susan,

Great to have you stitching with us on Friday. Good luck with the fabric search.

Happy days.
Bev.

Maria said...

Great plate bag...
Lovely idea but sorry can't help with the fabric...

Anthea said...

Great idea with the bag Susan... well done!

Raewyn said...

The plate bag is a great idea.... and what a nice idea making quilts for all your daughter's wedding party!

Cheryll said...

That's a great idea. Well done.
Thanks for sharing it at FNwF too...xox