This Christmas / New year I had 3 weeks and 2 days away from work.
I always use this time to catch up with my sewing and also to try to do a lot of preparation for the next year, since I find it tedious to have to pull fabrics out and cut at night after dinner.
So, in this break period I have managed the following:
- Made a sewing machine cover for DD#1 (Christmas present)
(shown with the Tidy Bag I made her last year and the Thread Catcher I made as part of the Stitch-A-Long)
- Made 14 coasters
See the last post here
- Made a 9 patch block for a KQ member
(Sorry, forgot to take a photo of that one)
- Cut a heap of green squares for me and a KQ member to make into a Christmas Tree wall hanging
- Cut some more novelty/I spy and funky fabrics to make more blocks for my KQ Disappearing 9 patch
- Made 4 blocks for that quilt
- Made up the last 3 blocks of Journey of a Quilter (one still to stitch)
- Prepared 8 Projects for the SAL Blog
(All kitted up and ready to go)
- Made one of them (5 Thread Catchers actually)
- Composed a list of projects that I expect to complete in 2013 - at a minimum
Well, it doesn't really seem all that much, and a not a lot of finishes to show, but I am a lot further along in terms of organisation and I really do hope that will help me get lots done in 2013.