Saturday, July 16, 2011

Catching Up - A Finish!!!

Well, as I explained - life has been busy lately - but I have managed to sneak in some sewing.  Some of it I couldn't publish here as it was a surprise for my daughter for her wedding and really I just didnt get enough time on the computer for anything other than the basics.  So its catch up time.

Here is the quilt I made for her and her husband.  Hopefully they will enjoy snuggling under it on a cool night as they sit on the lounge watching TV.  (You can click on the photo to enlarge it)

The central part of the quilt is made from a pattern published by Paula at PacificPatchwork based on the Bible - 1 Corinthians 13:4 - Love is Patient, Love is Kind etc.

The outside blocks feature words to live by - the pattern "Gifts of Grace" supplied by Val Laird and based on Galatians 5:22-23.  (There were 9 patterns supplied but 8 worked for me!!)

Some close ups:

The quilting - not mine - I sub contracted that!
and the label - I designed it in Word and printed it on printable fabric - easy to do but a little difficult to hand sew.

So I have to pop on over to Sew Its Finished and mark up my finishes - whoopee!!!





2 comments:

Teresa said...

Gorgeous Susan. I love the colours and all the stitcheries and the beautiful verses. Just beautiful. Your daughter and son in law are so lucky to have something so special made by you. Well done xx

Janelle said...

Hi Susan
Just had to pop over and say how much I loved the way you incorporated Mum's (Val) designs into the quilt. It is gorgeous!