Monday, January 9, 2023

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2023

I enjoyed participating in RSC in 2022 - so have signed up again.

It is very flexible - your project can be as small or as large, as simple or as detailed as you like.  Each month Angela gives us a new colour to work with.

Last year - I made 9 blocks by starting with January's colour - red - and adding borders for each month





January 2023 colour is blue - darker and brighter blues as there will be "baby shades" later . . 
I plan to make I Spy blocks using fabrics that are predominantly the selected colour - each block will have a coloured border around it.  I may leave the borders til later as I think I'd like them all in the same range of fabrics - maybe a Grunge . . .??  

This is the "plan"


And here is my blue block - minus the border.

(bit of a wobbly photo - it is straight!)

14 comments:

ButterZ said...

That’s a great way of doing an eye spy quilt.

Fiona said...

Great plan, I love it.... and your one for last year is just gorgeous...
Hugz

Jeanette said...

Your quilt is lovely. Great plan for this year. I'm still deciding whether to join in this year or not. :)

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Last year's quilt is gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing this year's... and I think I will join in this year... xx

Kat said...

I love the quilt you made for last year’s RSC. What a great idea for an I Spy quilt. So creative!

Janice said...

How effective. You do come up with cleverest ideas for RSC.

Maria said...

Well done on your finished 2022 RSC quilt…
That’s a great I Spy quilt . Did it many years ago but may copy your idea ? Ok.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love 2022 version....beautiful! Your idea for this year is great too...such a nice variation for I Spy x

Linda in UK said...

The quilt you made for last year’s RSC was very clever. This year’s idea is equally good. I’m sure you will enjoy making the block each month.

Lin said...

Good idea. xx

Jeanna said...

I enjoy seeing everyone's RSC projects. It's a great use of scraps, I think. Your eye spy idea is perfect for this.

loulee said...

great start on your RSC and a great block to use too.

Cheryll said...

A great choice for RSC. Looking forward to watching it grow...xox

kiwikid said...

That is a great way to make an eye spy and coloured quilt, enjoy.