Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Retreat - Day 5


Sad day - last day - just 6 of us left
Louise has finished her baby crochet blanket

I have finished a "Male Leaders & Enders" quilt top


Nolene finished this quilt top - 
she started and finished it at the retreat - 
great effort (especially considering Nolene is 92!!!!)


A modified jelly roll quilt - finished by Alison
instead of full widths, we started with lengths from 6.5 to 7.5 
(left over from a quilt I helped with years ago) - 
then added some extra strips from Maria at Sunday Stitchers 
and a few more from Alison.


and the final To Do board
The "To Do" tags are saved - I write up a list and distribute it to all.
Then next year - 
I hand out the tags and either they go back up on the board - 
or are destroyed if the project is finished (or moved on in some way)


We all had a fabulous time - we all worked pretty hard - but in a relaxed way - no pressure!
We ate well - both at the Mt Alford Pub, the Lodge and our own self-catering.
Morning & Afternoon teas were plentiful & varied and we had far more than we needed - but isn't that what women do???
The venue is lovely - the views peaceful and relaxing.
Our hostess and her helpers are warm & friendly
The sunsets were stunning - fortunately for me the sunrises were only "blah".  I was on a "promise" to get up for a sunrise if our hostess Wendy would sew - we both escaped.
We will be back in 2023 - only 359 sleeps to go!


10 comments:

jude's page said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all, just like retreats are.

kiwikid said...

Sounds like a wonderful retreat, great projects finished.

Lin said...

I hope I am still planning quilts when I am 92! xx

loulee said...

Sounds like a very successful retreat. Some lovely finishes too.

Karen's Korner said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all and lots achieved by the look of the "done" board.

Chookyblue...... said...

Lovely quilt tops....... You did great...... Sounds like a lovely spot you will have to tell me where it is when I see you.......

ButterZ said...

I like the idea of the to do board. It does help inspire you.
Hope you had a great time

telko said...

look good this article
i wish you wanna click my website
ittelkom jakarta

Helen said...

So many gorgeous projects.... Nolene is amazing.... I had a great time with you all even though it was short....perfect venue....

Janice said...

Great progress by everyone. I wonder how many of those post its are still there for the next retreat?