Saturday, July 23, 2016

FNSI - July

A slightly delayed FNSI - but I'm happy to sew any Friday night and if I have cyber company then its even better.

Preparation - not always a lot of fun - but it has to be done - I have a retreat coming up (27 sleeps...who's counting??) and I plan to finish off 3 quilt tops.  I am making "wedding" quilts for each of my DD1's bridesmaids. One was married before her wedding and the other 4 since. I have already made one for DD1(blues & purples) and one for her Maid of Honour (teals), so now I am doing yellow, pink and red.

I have almost all the blocks for the inside stitched and am now working on the 4 corner blocks for each quilt.

So, I traced onto fabric and traced onto Vliesofix and ironed.




Before retreat I need to cut the stitcheries into 4.5" squares.  I've already cut the strips for around each block and I have the border fabrics packed ready to go...Sounding super organised...will it all pan out??

Thanks Wendy for hosting us again...pop over here for the linky to have a look at what others did.

This time next month I will be on retreat - cyber and physical friends to sew with.  Yippee!!! And hopefully I will 3 flimsies to show before I leave.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan you did well my friend the prep often is the longest process,enjoy your evening my friend xx

Maria said...

Nice to have all your prep work done and I am looking forward to seeing the flimsys net month....👍🏼

Maria said...

You've done very well with getting so much prep done...a very productive night!

Maureen Clare said...

Looking good, keep up the good work. Hugs

retdairyqueen said...

What a lovely thing to do for the girls Bet they will be thrilled

Karen's Korner said...

Doing all that cutting etc will be worth it. I just spend this weekend at a quilting retreat and had the bestest time. Have fun.

Susan said...

Busy as always!!!

Raewyn said...

Gosh, a great task you have set yourself - you do sound super organised though! And I love your Bluebird Lane block from your stitching day :-)

Helen said...

Prep is always a long part of the projects but well worth the effort :)

newsurfiegirl said...

What a great idea, you will be able to get straight into stitching at the retreat. What a wonderful gift to give!