Friday, May 24, 2013

Mad Quilters Gathering

I went along to the Mad Quilters Gathering today and caught up with a few bloggy people at lunchtime.

I made a few purchases:
(A charm pack for my I Spy/Novelty and Funky disappearing 9 patch, a few fat quarters, a panel and pattern for a bag, 2 "London" fabrics, a cute little tin and a set of 3 sewing machine buttons - I gave one of them to my bestie.)
Tatyana came along to the blog meet last weekend and today she brought along some purple scissor fobs for me to choose one - I chose this one for these purple scissors:



Thanks Tatyana - all of them were so lovely - it was hard to chose just one...She sells off her blog if you want to have a look  go here!

Its only a little show - but its good to see a lot of local Brisbane shops - some I had never heard of before - and a lot less crowd than the big October/April shows - and not loads of beading/scrapbooking.  mmm only little but you still spend...

PS: if you are going - the food is very limited - a sandwich is about the limit of the "lunch" type food.  Coffee was good though.  Here is a link to see who is there.


PPS:  I have had so many "Anonymous" comments on this post I am stopping any more comments.

9 comments:

tales from a handmade home said...

Great fabric haul........I have the London fabrics in my stash too. The scissor fob is lovely, I'll pop over to your friends blog and have a peek.
Kim x

Fiona said...

looks like the Mad quilters was a success! love the fabrics you found. lovely little scissor fob too...
Hugz

Maureen Clare said...

It's funny but I had a feeling you would buy those things...wink wink nod nod, say no more xox

Anonymous said...

lovely buys Susan,enjoy.xx

Rosie said...

Great looking stash, and I love the scissor fob to!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your purchases....Tatty does make the most amazing fobs...

Maria said...

Love all those goodies that you bought, Susan. That's interesting that there were a number of local businesses there.

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

I went yesterday and you are right - it is small but you can still spend money! I thought it was really good and not having to search out the fabric from amongst scrapbooking and beading was fantastic!
They could do something to improve the cafe next year though.

Tatkis said...

It was great to meet you again! And the show was so friendly and almost empty (and full of treasures ;) )
So glad you like my fob!

Hugs,
Tatyana