Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Log Cabins Anyone?

Over here, Béatrice is reviewing some work for Fons & Porters and mentioned a free book you can download.  I have only had a quick look at it, but it seems like a vary handy reference for log cabin blocks and some variations.
Pop on over and have a look.
Meanwhile I am trying to finish some "secret" Christmas sewing, so there has not been a lot of blogging happening. 

PS:  this great e-book has a marvellous method for joining the ends of the binding.  I'm sure everyone has their preferred method - but I'm still searching for mine - Maybe this is it.  So download the book and look for Liz’s Lumpless Binding (right at the end).  It worked well for me last night.

3 comments:

Aunt Marti said...

Susan! Thank you! I think I'm going to do my own "block a day" for inter and finish up my scrappy log cabin blocks. You just provided the inspiration.

Fiona said...

thanks for that... log cabins are so effective... maybe one day....
Hguz

Marilyn said...

I have also downloaded the e-book but havent read the binding page yet. Must go take a look.