Monday, July 16, 2018

K4BN (Knitting for Brisbane's Needy)

or in my case C4BN - Crocheting for Brisbane's Needy.

I've been knitting and crocheting blocks for a long time now - to hand over to Maria who - along with a very generous band of workers - make blankets for the cold poor people in Brisbane.

Really I have no idea of how many I have given her - but I would guess at least 100.

I have decided to keep a tally here - just for curiosity's sake.
I don't really like sitting and doing nothing with my hands - usually I would be sewing while watching TV - but sewing is not always easy to do - so that's when I crochet.
I crochet on the way to and from work (I am the passenger not the driver), I crochet at the hairdressers, or whilst having a pedicure, whilst waiting for appointments and there may be a few other times when my mind is busy listening, but my hands are idle . . . .(I'll leave you to work that one out.)   I buy the cheaper 8 ply yarns   - usually acrylic at Spotlight or the Discount shops - as long as it is soft to the feel.

K4BN has a never ending requirement for red black & yellow - so I often use those colours - but every so often I get bored with that and pick up a "pretty" colour - or two.


My tally for the July handover - 13



Here is a photo of a blanket put together by Maria using some of my blocks and some made by others:
Image may contain: living room and indoor

8 comments:

Fiona said...

Good idea and a great portable project too...
Hugz

Jeanette said...

Wonderful idea. Love the "pretty" colour. Hugs,xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Wonderful set Susan. A fantastic effort for the K4BN. They do such an amazing job x

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic idea ❤️

Maria said...

Lovely colours.. Great work..

Bethan said...

What a great idea. I love the colours of the blocks from this month so far x

Anonymous said...

Great effort! The colors are lovely.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan awesome effort my friend and sorely needed over the winter xx