Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Skyline quilt

Last Sunday - at Sunday Stitchers - I took along my Project #12.  

I wasn't able to get it finished in time..there has been a lot happening...but when this number was drawn out last month - I had a top with no side borders.  So I have managed to add the borders, pin it, quilt the vertical lines and most of the horizontal lines (apart from where I want it to be the aqua thread), bound it and have started to fill in the night sky with stars.



I want to add a moon and many more stars, but a few people have commented on it and I thought I'd show you the "in progress" shots.

The quilt is based on a pattern in  Tula Pink's 100 Modern Quilt Blocks book.   I've adapted it to fit existing hangers and spaces on my walls.




a sample of the night time stars....many more to be added....

Not great photos - I will get better ones when I'm finished.



13 comments:

Maria said...

Your Skyline Quilt looks fantastic and will be even better when all the stars and moon are added.

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Its a stunning quilt. Ooh yes lots more stars and a moon. It already looks fab. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Susan this quilt is amazing i love it the colours are awesome ,what a wonderful job you have done of this,well done my friend xx

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh it is amazing! Such a stunning quilt! How are you adding the stars - applique or embroidery? xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Better pack that for show and tell at scrub stitchin'......

Janice said...

Wow! You should be so pleased with this. The straight line quilting is perfect for it.

Jeanette said...

Your quilt is gorgeous. Hugs,xx

Fiona said...

Just gorgeous and unique.... I love the colours you have used and how you are adding the extra special touches to it....
Hugz

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely quilt susan

Helen said...

Gorgeous, love it !!

Raewyn said...

Wow this looks great - love the colours you went with - a fun sampler quilt! Have fun with the finishing...it sounds like you don't have much more to do.

Michelle Ridgway said...

It is so beautiful Susan....love the colourways so effective. Very nice to see it for real xx

Bethan said...

Such an amazing and different quilt! x