Saturday, January 19, 2019

FNSI - January

Thanks Wendy - and hi everyone whos is visiting via FNSI !!!

I had plans to get more done - but DD2 dropped in for a visit, so dinner was late and sewing was late!!

I'm a bit restricted in what I can do, due to my operation on my right index finger....but I'm doing hat I can.
I've drawn diagonal on these fabric squares ready to strip piece - I'm joining in with a String Quiltalong so trying to get prepared.


You really have to look - but there is a line across that block.

I put side borders on a quilt that my KQ Girls group have put together to give to a charity, (no picture yet - it needs an iron) and I joined sets of two of these hexie flowers ready to be made into 12" blocks.  


These will be teamed with some foundation paper hearts and 4 12" crazy patch hearts.
During 2018, we had a series of mini-tutorials - where whoever had done a technique shared their skills with anyone else who was interested.  We used pink and white fabrics - with some green.
Some more photos later on.


So, not so much done...but any progress is good.

Many thanks to Wendy for continuing FNSI into 2019.  I've said it many times before - but it's great motivation to sew and also to post on my blog - which in turn becomes a great reference point for when I wonder..."when did I start this???"

Go here to find links to the other 28 FNSIers!!!

8 comments:

Fiona said...

Lovely projects... so are you doing your strips onto fabric which stays there? I was thinking of that (I have a load of calico) but wondered if it would be ok.... YOur hexie blocks look great. I think you did well with your time and finger restraints...
Hugz

Sharm said...

Hope your finger heals quickly .....love the hexie flowers!

retdairyqueen said...

The hexagons look great Love all the colours
Hope your finger gets better real soon xx

Maria said...

You did well working on your pretty projects with a late start os sore finger...Hope it heals soon.XX

Karen's Korner said...

Any progress is good progress. Pretty fabrics in your hexies.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gee you did really well Susan with your poor sore finger xx

Helen said...

Hexies look great.

Raewyn said...

It's good that you're still able to get something done, inspite of your recovering finger. The charity quilt is a good idea - and a fun way for the group to make one.