Saturday, December 2, 2017

Birthday Gifts - Sewing Groups

Birthdays do seem to be extended events when you are in various groups etc.

My first collection of birthday gifts was from Sunday Stitchers.
In this group we can give an indication of what we would like at the beginning of the year - so I asked for rasant threads in neutral colours, some blue/grey fat quarters or some scraps that I could cut into 2.5" squares - any fabric, any colour...


I received a great collection of threads, fabrics and heaps of scraps that will keep me in leaders and enders for a while!
What a lovely bunch of friends.


My second collection was from another group - called KQ Girls.  This year we gifted to our swap partner presents that started with the letters in the name of the group.  We had decided they didn't all need to be sewing related.
I received:

Kaffe Fassett fat quarters
Quilting pins
Glass
Interfacing
Ric rac
Lace
Sauvignon Blanc

and a very useful storage box for some crafty stuff.

This was all totally overwhelming - we don't really have a budget to stick to but I do feel very lucky to have been on the receiving end of such generous gifts..

I was also giving a birthday present - I tried for the Quirky line - to make it a little challenging.  I gave:
Key ring
Quiz Questions - a Pub Trivia game
Granny Square (for a coaster)
Indicators - Post It Notes as my recipient had been seen using shopping dockets to mark pages in magazines
Rhubarb conserve
Limmerick
Squissors - (little snippers)

And finally - my third group birthday present.  This is from my Loose Threads group and we had to give presents starting with the letters in Birthday.
I received:
Beads
Ice cream fabric - very clever that one!!!
Ric rac
Tin
Hook
Diary
Adhesive pads for my finger
Yarn

and a gorgeous tin to put more crafty stuff in.



That's my birthday covered...next comes Christmas swaps and gifts....coming soon!!!

12 comments:

Jeanette said...

Lovely collection of gifts for you birthday. Hugs,xx

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Happy Birthday Susan! Enjoy all your lovely pressies!! xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow what a haul ...lucky girl 😍😍😍😍

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love those.....how neat! Glad you were spoilt xx

Anthea said...

Wow, what a fabulous haul of goodies Susan! Great to see you got thoroughly spoilt... now you have lots of things to keep you going until next birthday x

Chookyblue...... said...

happy birthday......enjoy all your lovely gifts.........

Fiona said...

you need a new cupboard for your hoard of gifties.... what are you making with all your leaders and enders?
Hugz

Maria said...

OMG you surely did receive lots of goodies for your special day....

Bethan said...

A lovely collection of gifts! Happy belated birthday x

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Susan,lots of lovely gifts there,enjoy my friend 💋

Sharm said...

Belated birthday wishes to you - what a great stash you received! And a Merry Christmas as well

Naresh Kumar said...

Awesome details about birthday gifts cards included in this blogpost. Thanks for sharing.

gift vouchers online