Saturday, February 18, 2017

FNSI and Chooky

FNSI

Once again I gathered with cyber friends to sew...
Earlier in the week I realised that I had a sewing day on Thursday and another one on Sunday - oops - no hand sewing project ready to go???? - so what is a girl to do?- start a new project of course!!

This is Rosalie Quinlan's "Little Patchwork Village" and I have been wanting to make this one for a while, so I found some background and pulled out the Cottage Garden Threads. (Breaking the norm here - I would always pick the fabrics then the thread...oh well - deal with that problem later on)
DD2 was there when I was looking at the threads - so I suggested she select one - which she did - at the same time saying - "Mum - what are we going to do with all this when you are gone???"  LOL - maybe I need to write out some instructions!
So, here is my block - 
I only sewed a little on Thursday and not a lot on Friday night - but at least I'm ready for Sunday now....and a few future FNWF. FNSI and Sundays as well.
(Night time photos - never the best.)

Thanks as always to Wendy for being the hostess - 
here is the link to go visiting the other cyber ladies.

Chooky came to BRISVEGAS

Chooky was visiting Brisbane on Saturday - so a great excuse for a blog and friends get together.
I caught Chooky:

but I didn't get a group shot - so I have copied one from the dark side of facebook....(I will thank Michelle tomorrow.

We had a fun, perhaps a little noisy, time....great to catch up with Chooky and Anita who I only see occasionally.





22 comments:

Janet said...

It is so exciting when a new project is getting started. New threads, new colours, new fun. My kids haven't yet asked me what they should do with everything when I'm gone. I guess I should think about that. :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your new project looks lovely. It was a lovely catch up and nice to meet Anita also x

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,lovely work my friend and how good to catch up with the girls and how good does chooky look,have fun today,looking forward to some more pics xx

Fiona said...

A lovely little quilt - and it's so good to have one ready there to pick up and go. Glad Saturday went off well - looks like a good crowd. I could hear you from up the hill!!

Hugz

Sharm said...

Nice bit of stitching and how fun to have the meet up with other bloggers!!

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Thanks . I enjoyed catching up will you all also. It was great to meet Chooky.
Enjoy you stitching.

Narelle said...

Lovely stitchery ... will be nice to watch it grow.
Awesome that you could all get together for a great time 😄

Raewyn said...

Can't go places without a project! Looks like a sweet project to do. I'm sure you all had a fun time - Chooky's visit sounds like a perfect excuse for a get together.

Anne Ida said...

Lovely stitchery you got going there. And looks like you ladies had a great time meeting up :-)

Susie H said...

Of course I had to check out the design of your project and it looks sweet. Can't wait until the next update of FNSI to see how you're progressing. Maybe you'll have chosen a few fabrics to compliment your stitching by then! Haha!

Helen said...

Always wonderful catching up with friends. Lovely stitchery:)

Helen said...

Great project, who needs an excuse to start a new stitchery. It was gun to catch up again with Chooky and all the other blog girls.

newsurfiegirl said...

I love the Rosalie Quinlan stitchery! Looks like you all had a great time catching up.

Maria said...

Well done with the prep work...
Sew sad I miss your fun GTGs.

Susan how your Sydney Cross Stitch going ?

Anthea said...

Now that's a snap decision... grab the pattern, choose the thread... bam, start something new!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow now all organized! Blog meets are such fun!

The Sloan Patch said...

It's always exciting to start something new....and so handy to have stitcheries traced and ready to go...lucky girl catching up with blog friends.

Helen said...

Lovely stitchery, what fun you had it's always great catching up with friends.x

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh lucky you - you also got to see Chooky and the others! Maybe one day I can get up the coast that far :) Nice that you are starting the little village, you will really enjoy it.. xx

Kaisievic said...

Oh, i love new starts and I, too, worry what will happen to my stash when I am gone!

Maureenclare02@gmail.com said...

Sitting here on a Sunday morning, trolling through all the lovely comments and, not being one to feel left out, I think I need ANOTHER project, just so I don't get bored...as if....it was great catching up with Chooky and some new friends too. Thanks Susan for letting me be an honorary blogger without a blog. I am a Blogger Groupie or the Blogger Support team. Hugs

Michelle said...

Ooh I'm stitching those blocks at the moment but mine are in a variegated red/pink.
It's always the best kind of day when spent with like minded friends!
I'm sure there were plenty of laughs and food:O)