Thursday, August 20, 2026

Sunday Stitchers #10 - Grey Buildings

I am cheating again . .  .#10 was supposed to be to make up two cross stitches - More Any Tiny Town and Any Tiny Town . . . well, when I wrote my list, I thought I had stitched both . . LOL . . .Nope . . .only one.

So, I set that aside as I want to do them together or at least using the same finishing technique - whatever that ends up being.

And I was looking at some other cross-stitch projects that I had stitched way back - before Patchwork took over and decided I really wanted this one on show....Back in the day, I added my initials and the year I completed the project . . .  .1987 . . . . no rush for these things.

So, this became #10 for Sunday Stitchers......  A finish is a finish after all.


This was in my early cross-stitch days -
Danish Flower Thread, Linen, No hooping....
I also used to have finished projects framed professionally.
Things have changed!


4 comments:

Janice said...

That is beautiful and deserves to see the light of day. Flower thread takes me back. I have a kit that I started and miscounted very early on and still have to get back to. It is on linen with flower thread, from the early 1990s. I really should do it one day.

loulee said...

What a lovely piece. I do like how you have finished it. Like you I used to have my finished cross stitch professionally framed. Things changed here too.

Fiona said...

Those grey buildings are so effective. some of the ladies at Guild have their stitching framed professionally... quite expensive to do
Hugz

Lin said...

I think that's a great piece of cross stitch and I like how you have finished it off. xx