I originally had the idea that some flowers would be made from fabrics from some of the quilts I have made... and then just add flowers of various colours....
But recently, I saw that Lin (in the UK) and a long-time blog friend was joining hexie flowers made by friends. So, I offered to make her one. She then, of course, being a lovely bloggy friend, offered to send me something in exchange....I asked her to make me a hexie flower - I had made her one in yellow with a blue centre, so I asked for hers to be blue with a yellow centre. And she stitched her name in the middle hexie....mmmm clever idea I thought . . .
She also included a piece of fabric that she knew I would love - so I will make a hexie from that - with a yellow centre I think!
Here is the fabric & hexie.
The idea of including hexies from friends appealed to me. So I asked my various sewing groups if they would each make me a hexie flower in fabrics that represented themselves, so that when I saw the flower I would think of them. It was an "optional" request.....no hard feelings if they don't.
I have one so far, from Sandi. Sandi & I both share a love of houses/buildings etc.
I have one so far, from Sandi. Sandi & I both share a love of houses/buildings etc.
Here are the others that I have made so far. Mostly they are made up of fabrics from quilts from the past, but some are using fabrics that I like for one reason or another.
So, maybe if you are a bloggy friend, you would like to send me a hexie flower, using 1" hexies. Entirely optional of course.
And if you want to join in making a similar thing - let me know, and I will reciprocate.
I also have a small Facebook Messenger group going with friends who are making Bigs & Smalls...always happy to add new friends to that group!
111 x 1" hexie flowers.... 28 made/received
8 x 2" hexie flowers
PS: I turned on Comment Moderation, so I now get an email with the comment so I can publish it.....Not an ideal solution, but better than it was.
And if you want to join in making a similar thing - let me know, and I will reciprocate.
I also have a small Facebook Messenger group going with friends who are making Bigs & Smalls...always happy to add new friends to that group!
Tally Board
143 x 6.5" cut squares111 x 1" hexie flowers.... 28 made/received
8 x 2" hexie flowers
PS: I turned on Comment Moderation, so I now get an email with the comment so I can publish it.....Not an ideal solution, but better than it was.




I'm happy to make an NZ inspired hexi flower for you.
ReplyDeleteYour collection is looking great.
ReplyDeleteI turned on comment moderation years ago when I was getting a lot of spam comments. Don't get them anymore but have got used to the system and it works for me. xx
I'll do a hexie flower for you.... but don't need one back as doing a quilt of them puts me in to a nervous flutter!
ReplyDeleteHugz