Pages

Friday, July 17, 2026

Hexie Quilt - Bigs and Smalls

I saw this hexie quilt in Homespun a while back....and filed it away in my head for a "maybe, one day" project.  It is designed by Anorina Morris who sometimes joins in Chooky's Zoom sessions.  It is called - Bigs and Smalls.



Then Janice started it/made it . . .
here.

More temptation. . .or is it that Janice is a good enabler??? LOL

I have a collection of fabrics from quilts that I have made over the years...small bits that I have saved with the idea of making a sort of memory quilt.   Finally a plan to use them!!!!

I have made these hexies so far...they use the "memory of a quilt or project" fabrics.


Other hexies will be made in one colour each . . .background colour is yet to be decided.   This is a very long-term project.  But it's a handy one to take to stitching days...or other "waiting" opportunities.

I need:
143 x 6.5" cut squares
111 x 1" hexie flowers....6 made
8 x 2" hexie flowers

4 comments:

  1. Aha! On a hexie roll now! Lovely project Susan, let me know if you would like a donation😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another one on the hexie band wagon. LOL Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea making it with 'memories' from other projects
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Have I been enabling you again? This will be a great memory quilt. If you are anything like me, you will become obsessed and get them made much quicker than you expect. Have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I do appreciate it, I do read them all and I do try to reply to all comments (except all that crazy Spam stuff...you know who you are!)