Friday, May 1, 2020

FNWF - May

And so we continue in Self Isolation, but some things do not change and that is our cyber sewing - Friday Night With Friends is here again  . . . .it doesn't seem that long ago . . . LOL
Thanks Cheryll for giving us an excuse to sew - or the motivation to do so.

I started with some crocheting whilst watching Better Homes & Gardens and something mindless that I can't even recall now . . .oh yes - Some place in France that churns out 336,000 croissants a day - all by machines...

My friend Inca gifted me some left over yarn a while back.  I had run out of the lovely variegated yarn I had been using, so got stuck into hers.   I have used most of it - apart from a large ball of white which is possibly not suitable for a blanket for cold needy people, and now I am down to the dregs, so to speak!!!

I'm hoping the blue I am adding will be a similar thickness....Not all 8 ply is the same . . .a bit like dress sizes??? LOL  

Then I moved into my Sewing Space - the other half found some movie that I was not at all interested in  - did a bit of sorting and packing up the work computer and then stitched the two bird outlines - not a lot  . . but it all helps.


That is about it for the night - but it's a long weekend here...yippee.  I have an on line sewing gig on Sunday (lots of hand sewing for that one) and plan some sewing fun on Monday.


Hope everyone is keeping safe and not going bonkers.
I'm still looking for all the free time that people are talking about.


11 comments:

Fiona said...

well done with the sewing and look forward to catching up with you on Sunday....
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Hope the blue works on your crochet block, your little birds are cute. Envoy your sewing catch up on Sunday.

retdairyqueen said...

A little bit is better than none at all
Your crochet looks great

Maria said...

Good to get some crochet done while watching B & Gs and then do a bit of stitching as well.
Oh do we need to sew while we chat ??? Maybe I can do some on my challenge ??

Pink Rose said...

Hi Susan well done with your crochet,I think it's lovely that you are making blankets for the needy. Lovely stitchery stay warm and safe my friend xx

Karen's Korner said...

That looks a nice closed crochet stitch. My talent with the crocheting hook runs to granny squares which are quite open.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely crochet and stitching. You'd think the same ply would be just that the same....

Lin said...

Good to get something done however little. xx

Radka said...

I like the look of your bird stitchery :-)
xx

Janice said...

You made better progress than me. Good job.

Bethan said...

Your crochet looks great - hope the blue works out for you! It's always good to even get a little bit of stitching done x