Saturday, April 4, 2020

FNWF - April

Cyber sewing is certainly the "thing" these days...but these group sessions do help to keep some degree of normalcy about us.

I read an Instagram post from Sarah Fielke - it is worth checking out.  Look for the post "Don't let your standards drop" - basically she is saying - "carry on as normal - get up at  a regular time - get dressed..keep everything as normal as possible"...wise words.

So I am working from home  . .sigh . . getting tedious...but so grateful I still have a job so I won't linger on that ... It means I am at the computer longer but there are multiple opportunities when I am listening to a meeting etc...and just taking notes occasionally, so my pile of crochet blocks is progressing.....

I am also finding more time to work on projects that need machine work . . .and when I'm on the lounge, I am working on this one , , , still....but I am almost finished.  And that was my FNWF project this week.



That bobbin of thread is all I had left on Friday night - but with the wonders of technology, phone calls and a quick trip - I was able to do a "Click and Collect".  Thanks Quilters Store!!

At least I will be able to finish it now . . .3 to go.

I hope you are all OK - it is a stressful time and for some it will be all too much.  
Hang in there..."reach out" [hate that phrase]  but please ask for help - even just a chat if you need to.
We are all in this together and never have most of us experienced anything like it.

Thanks Cheryll for your part in keeping us "normal"





9 comments:

kiwikid said...

A sewing friend here sent out an email with the same message, maybe that is where she found it. Thank goodness for the internet so we can all keep in touch and you can keep workkng. Your stitchery looks lovely.

retdairyqueen said...

Good to try and be normal
The stitching is coming along nicely Nice to be able to click and collect

Cheryll said...

Lucky you were able to grab more thread...& normal is not one of my better traits...lol... but thanks for joining me at FNwF.
See you next week again...xox

Janice said...

I had read Sarah's post. As you say, wise words. You were lucky to be able to click and collect your extra thread and so finish your stitcheries. We have to make the best of the situation we find ourselves in.

Maria said...

Nice stitchery you are working on.
Sew good you can click and collect , our little craft store does that too but she doesn't stock CG threads. Will have to do an online order....

Fiona said...

Great post, yes it is having to make changes and I won't be surprised if it is for quite a long time... so this needs to be our new normal for a good while. Your stitching is lovely and reminded me I have those ones too... somewhere.... hmmm glad you found some more thread.
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

You mean I should get out of my PJ uniform? Lol! Glad you are able to work from home and be safe. It is a very weird new normal. Food news on your thread.....now that would have been a pain!

Raewyn said...

Lovely stitchery that you're working on and great that you are able to grab snatches of sewing/crafting time even though you are working. Lucky you getting some more thread - we wouldn't have been able to over here - couldn't have bought a zip the other day, luckily I had one at home even though it was too short!

Jenny said...

It actually feels like a bit of a novelty at the moment but I think it will be wearing thin very soon. A good plan to keep a routine and set goals. Cut little stitchery.