Monday, December 30, 2019

Final December finishes

I managed to finish off these three stockings - I had made two of the stockings a while back - before Christmas last year - (at least) - but really wanted them done for this year - I missed the Christmas day deadline - but was able to finish them off ready for DD1 to take back home ...and of course - by now - there had to be a third.



I told DD1 that I had enough fabric to make one more....(hint hint)

Maureen & I decided we would keep it simple for Christmas and we decided to make a decoration for each other.
I knew Maureen had quite a collection of stockings which she hangs on a special tree...so I decided to add to her collection.


This is a machine embroidery design (from Molly Mine....) - I did leave out some of the embroidery, so that the fabrics could get some of the spotlight!!
I made it in pink for Maureen - and as I had used a large hoop - there was extra stabilizer - and I could just squeeze in one more (by reversing it).  So I made a blue one for me to match some of the other blue & silver decorations in the family room.


Funnily enough Maureen made me a stocking too!   It's lovely.





To all:

Image result for happy new year 2020 images

See you on the other side of the decade.

7 comments:

Janice said...

I've just been catching up on your posts. You have been busy in the lead up to Christmas. I'm sure all the gifts were well received. Have a Happy New Year and I look forward to catching up with you through the year.

Maria said...

Lovely to have finished the family stockings as well as the ones for Maureen.
You recieved a cute stitchery one from her...

Fiona said...

Gotta love a stocking at Christmas, I love the ones you both made...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love all the stockings you made....beautiful! Maureen Angel stocking is very sweet...lucky you xx

Bethan said...

Oh such lovely stockings. I really like the ones you made Maureen - are they full size stockings or smaller ones to fit a tree? x

Helen said...

Beautiful stockings.....
Happy New Year to you and your family.....

Raewyn said...

The stockings are gorgeous!