Thursday, October 3, 2019

Stringalong - September

It's past time for the monthly post on String-along blocks.

I made 17 blocks in September - I had a sewing day - 2 boxes of strips and just went for it....I had a goal to finish them off - and I did.  That makes 88 blocks completed.  That will make a table cloth of 8 x 11 blocks.   
Letting out a little cheer!!!




I think this has been the easier part of the project.
Next step is to arrange them.  As I am making this reversible and there are 11 different fabrics on the backs and anywhere from 2 - 12 blocks of each fabric...  (using what I had)....I need to come up with some sort of pattern for the back, whilst keeping the front nice....could be difficult.

Then I need to sash the sides of the blocks...make rows...then join the rows.
That is not going to happen this year.

Then add the binding.


It's been a lot of fun sewing along with sewers from all over the world and I am happy I joined in with Lori.
You can have a look at some of the other participants here.   Some amazing projects.
And even if you don't want to look at the other stringalong projects - Lori has been camping - the wintery landscape shots are stunning - especially as we do not see anything like that in most of Australia - well probably not anywhere in Australia!!!


7 comments:

Fiona said...

Oh well done you.. that's a lot of blocks. Will be gorgeous when it's done....
Hugz

Sandi said...

Yay - gold stars for you - I'm interested to see what you decide with the quilting.. I secretly dislike your photos because it makes me want to make one too and my mojo is a little wonky these days so trying not to listen to the inspiration oozing from your photo's.. happy cheering from the sideline for now..xx

kiwikid said...

Woo hoo, well done! Your blocks look great, I am also inspired to try and make one.(one day) 😁😁

Maria said...

Well Done Susan and it will great to see your String Blocks put together.
Maybe on next year UFO list ???

Pink Rose said...

Hi Susan well done your blocks are awesome. This is going to look so good xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great job. It will be lovely when done. It can always go on next year's UFO CHALLENGE list *wink

Raewyn said...

Oh your string blocks look great!! It's something I often think I'll do to use some scraps but I haven't as yet. I look forward to seeing what you do with them.