Saturday, February 2, 2019

FNWF - February

February already???

I couldn't do any actual sewing on Friday night - I was busy organising and cooking for a visit from my Saturday group (Loose Threads), but I participated in my head!!!

Saturday I made up for it....I still can't do any hand sewing - so I spent some time marking the 1/4" on these hexagon blocks that I hope to sew by machine - they are for a baby quilt for grandbaby due at the end of the month - I better get a move on!!! 
(I hope doing them by machine will be successful.)



I also spent some time cutting and matching 2.5" squares - boring - but much better with company.

For our afternoon tea I made Peach, Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins - they were pretty yummy...Here is the recipe - in case!!!
I didn't do them as Gluten Free...

I hope everyone was productive - good to see you all again!!
Thanks Cheryll - you do a great job of hosting us!!!

9 comments:

Fiona said...

oh gosh this year is disappearing too quickly already. Your hexagons are going to look wonderful for new grandiebaby… so exciting. Those cupcakes look yummmm - all this blog food is tempting me nearly as much as all the yummy projects...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely hexies for new little one! Those muffins look and sound delish x

Maria said...

Your hexies will make a cute quilt for your new grand baby.. I've never sewn hexie on the machine, is it easy?
Delicious muffins......

Sharm said...

Nice work and thanks for sharing the recipe

Pink Rose said...

Hi Susan how wonderful waiting for a new little grandbaby to come.
Lovely work my friend and what a yummy afternoon tea xx

Linda in Calif. said...

I've heard of sewing hexies on the machine before. Let us know how you like it. Lovely fabrics to go with Winnie the Pooh. I just found out that my newly married husband does not like white chocolate. What kind of man have I married??? I think I'll check out your recipe anyway as it sounds and looks so good.

Lin said...

Good luck with machining those hexies! The muffins sound gorgeous - I am going to keep that recipe to try when I get home. xx

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh, looking forward to seeing how you go with machine sewing the hexies... I need to make a baby quilt for the middle of the year.. knowing me I will leave it to the last minute...! xx

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Your hexies sound like intricate work. The muffins sound delicious :)