Sunday, February 17, 2019

FNSI - February

DH went off to a Country Music gig...so I took advantage of it - stayed in the city a bit longer than usual (got my nails done) ...a quick dinner and into the sewing!

I have done all the piecing for the hexie section of Winnie the Pooh...It now needs a serious ironing session.  I think the little Clover iron will be the trick for this.
I sewed this all by machine - and for those interested - it went quite well - Once I set the machine to do a lock stitch at the beginning and end - and set the auto cut off threads - it was probably only a bit faster - but a lot easier,,,as I didn't need to think as much!! 

I had marked the back of each block, so I pinned (mostly), sewed from the beginning of the seam line  - and  stopped at the end of the seam line.

This is an earlier picture....


On Saturday I had planned to iron it...and maybe start the borders....but...decided to do some cutting for another baby quilt I am making.



Thanks again Wendy - I really enjoyed the cyber party.

9 comments:

Maria said...

It's always great when you get a free run to do as you please. Nice to have pampered yourself a little beforesewing....
Is the Pooh Quilt now done ?

Fiona said...

you certainly took advantage of an evening of sewing... I love the look of your Winnie quilt... how clever of you... is the new quilt going to the same home? not long till they are needed now...
Hugz

Helen said...

Very interesting, glad it went well for you....

Michelle Ridgway said...

Nice use of alone time Susan. Your hexie quilt looks lovely xx

Lin said...

Your hexies look great - I like your colour selection for the new quilt. xx

Anthea said...

Hi Susan, it's been great to call in on your blog and catch up on your news. How is your finger going? Recovering well, I hope. I see it's not hampering you completely, your Pooh quilt is super cute & the baby will love it.

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Your hexies look great and by machine too, very talented :)

Susan said...

Your quilts are so pretty!!!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Nice to have peace and quiet to sew! Your Winnie the Pooh quilt is so sweet, and I love the colors of the new baby quilt you are going to make! xx