I loved the idea of the Skyline quilt in the book - but really did not need any more huge quilts...so I worked out the size I wanted and worked out how many blocks to make.
These blocks are so easy - I could get through about 4 in a night - cutting and sewing (TV must have been pretty bad at the time) and I did minimise how many half square triangle blocks I did.
I wanted the quilt to look like a city skyline so I selected blocks for the top of each column to look like the top of office buildings - lightning conductors, air conditioning units etc. Other than planning that I just made blocks. I was able to organise them by colour groupings without any re-makes...that was a fluke.
I found the background (a wideback fabric) and cut the strips for in between and above the buildings and the side borders. I quilted down each seam, vertically between the seams, across some seams horizontally, then I added machine embroidered stars and the moon - a lucky find to get a bali that looks just like the moon (I think).
This was Project #12 for the Sunday Stitchers' Challenge...and it was partially completed on time... Happy to say it is all done now.