Monday, October 10, 2016

Late for FNWF

Where did that weekend go??

Friday Night saw me sewing along with all the FNWF'ers...but Saturday was busy and Sunday I went to the Brisbane Craft Show.

Here is my Friday Night stitching....some progress on my old "go to " project when nothing else is ready...


The Craft Show:
I have never been on a Sunday before...It was so quiet and really the best day you could go...some bargains to be had at the end of the day...
But the number of stall holders was down...again
The price keeps going up - for entrance and the rental of the stalls...so its the old Catch 22 - the less suppliers the less attendees and then less suppliers...etc etc
But there were a few new retailers which was encouraging to see.
Plenty of opportunity to get a good Retail Fix.

7 comments:

Fiona said...

yoiur stitchery is lovely and such nice words... I'm glad you got to the show - especially nice when it is quieter though I didn't find Wed as busy as usual this year.
Hugz

kiwikid said...

That is a beautiful stitchery.

Maria said...

Nice to have good to the craft show..
such a pretty stitchery...

Anthea said...

Very lovely go-to stitching there Susan... what a shame about the Craft Fair; it seems to be the way all these events are going now. Glad you had a good time
x

Cheryl said...

Lovely stitchery Susan. Yes such a pity about the craft shop. Prices go up and they expect people will just pay

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely stitcher. Didn't make it to the show this year, hopefully next year.

Googy Girl said...

I think they try to have too many craft shows sometimes as well... if you know what I mean. Newcastle has it's own but really Sydney is only 2hrs (less these days) away... there is only so many people to sell their wares, and only so much money to spend... for me I either do one or the other.... they were only 6 weeks apart this year.