Sunday, June 26, 2016

Stitchers Garden

Back in 2011 I took a series of classes at my LQS - to make Stitchers Garden - the series of classes is designed to make use of the decorative stitches on my sewing machine and to teach various applique methods.  I had been wanting to do this class for a while - and when it was offered in black & balis - I signed up.

I had a wonderful time playing with threads and fabrics - and purchasing more balis.  I learnt Bobbin work, did some cording, used ric rac.  As is often the case I have changed the original design...I finished the blocks off quite a while ago and even finished the top ...finally it is quilted and bound.




8 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Looks great well done.....

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh it is lovely Susan...always wanted to do a black background. Love it! Well done x

Anonymous said...

wow Susan its amazing ,well done my friend .....

Fiona said...

It's just stunning Susan, well done on a wonderful wonderful quilt
Hugz

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Your quilt looks great,

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

That is just lovely Susan...love the dark colours!

Melody said...

love this...it is delightful

Jen said...

That is striking Susan - well done.